Right now there is a shortage of foster carers in and around Little Shelford
There are about 400 children in Cambridgeshire, in need of a foster family, but sadly there are just not enough fostering households available. This means that children and young people may be moved out of the area, away from their friends, family and community.
Because of this, Fostering Hearts is focusing its efforts on recruiting new foster families in and around the area.
Young people come into care for different reasons, but they all have something in common – they need a home in which they can feel safe, and someone who inspires them to be the best that they can be. Fostering can be challenging but it is hugely rewarding.
It’s easy to become a foster carer:
- Arrange a phone call with one of our team. Just a 10 minute chat!
- Have an initial (virtual) visit – to learn more about fostering, and how it might fit into your lifestyle
- Attend our (virtual) Skills to Foster course – a 2 day training course to find out more about fostering and Fostering Hearts
- Complete an online application form
- Start your assessment
- Be approved as a foster carer!
Ready to get started?
If you have a spare bedroom, the time and a passion to make a difference, fostering could be for you. If you have any questions just give us a call on 01442 953123 or fill in the form below. We have some more information about fostering in Cambridgeshire.